Tuesday 6 August 2013

Thank you for your help in raising an amazing £530 during my Global Giving UK Bake Sale!

I have now been in Ghana for more than a month and I realise that it has been just as long since I have updated my blog… :( I was thinking about it all of the time, but the internet connection has been very slow and limited and, therefore, all the blog posts that I have already completed had to wait until now to be uploaded! Over the following days I will be uploading them one by one, so keep checking to stay updated! :) I have now also purchased a mobile internet modem that I can use for any future blog posts I create :) In this post I hope to share with you more about the fundraising Bake Sale that I held on 23rd June in Shere, Surrey in aid of Global Giving UK:

The day was a great success! With all of the generous help of many neighbours, family members and friends we were able to bake so many cakes, cookies, waffles and even pretzels (there had to be something German too ;) )! The weather held with us for most of the day too and, of course, without the many kind purchasers who often also gave a generous donation we would never have been able to raise a staggering £530 for Global Giving UK! I never expected to raise so much and I am certain that the money will go to a fantastic cause! While I am visiting the projects out in Ghana I will be keeping you posted about where the donations will go and how they will be used!


Victoria and Min stopping cars :)
Victoria decorating cupcakes
Special Thanks goes to my old school friends Min and Victoria, who were able to bring great enthusiasm, joy and countless ideas, which made the day so fun and successful! The night before the Bake Sale, we stayed up late baking and preparing the decorations for the table and rapping cakes and cookies. On the day, too, they were great at persuading walkers, cyclists and church goers to enjoy a piece of cake and were happy to explain more about Global Giving UK! 
Frank selling pretzels
My younger brother, Frank, surprised me with his great self-confidence as he stood by the side of the road with a huge sign around his neck, stopping cars that were passing through the village, in his hands holding a basket of freshly baked pretzels and making sure that everyone knew how delicious they were!

Of course such a Bake Sale could never take place without the help of MUM, who spent the entire week helping me bake and helping me buy all the needed ingredients! I believe together we came up with some great cake ideas that sold well, such as the Chocolate-Orange cupcakes. Many other recipes were sent through by friends and family and were put to great use on the day.

I will be holding another Bake Sale on October 6th and hope that on this day some other old school friends, perhaps even from Germany, will join me to make the day another success! So please do send me any easy to make cake recipes that I can use for that one :)
Thank you everyone! I really enjoyed the day, even though it was exhausting, it was so fulfilling and I love knowing that all the money and time and effort has been well spend and will go to amazing causes in Ghana! 

No comments:

Post a Comment