Saturday 8 June 2013

25 days to go!

I am currently half way through my exams and, thus, thought it would be a good idea to write a little update about my preparations for my time in Ghana! I must admit my head has not really been with my revision, but rather already in Ghana… we will see how that is reflected in my exam results when it is time for those…

The article about my Bake Sale is now out in the Parish Magazine issue for this month
Bake Sale Poster!
and looks great! I have also already received many great cake recipes and ideas from my supporters. So thank you to everyone who has done that and if you have not done it yet, but have a great idea for an easy to make and delicious cake then please do send me the recipe! Posters have also been prepared and are ready to hang up around Shere :)

I am also hoping to go to a car boot sale and sell some of my old things to raise money for the Global Giving partner projects in Ghana. I have already gone through my cupboard and established which things I really do not use. In addition, I have asked my friends and family to contribute any things that they do not need anymore and that I could sell on the day. I am sure all of us have a pair of shoes or a bag that we thought was nice at the time we bought it, but have never actually used, or now no longer fits our
A cake my friend made, hope mine turn out just as well :)
personal style. All money made at the sale will go as a donation to Global Giving. One of my friends (Haoqing) has surprised me, as she has already been able sell her skateboard in aid of Global Giving, which I am delighted about! So if you have anything that you think I could sell on the day, I would appreciate if you could let me know by e-mail (at helen.denyer@arcor.de) and we will arrange for me or someone else to come and collect the things!


On the Global Giving UK fundraiser page that I have created at http://www.globalgiving.co.uk/fundraisers/assessing-the-impact-of-aid-in-ghana/ I am already more than halfway to my target of £400! Thank you so much for all your help and support for this great cause! 

No comments:

Post a Comment